The interests of the Geometry research area group at the Department of Mathematics at the University of Georgia revolve around differential geometry, broadly construed. We have a weekly seminar that meets on Fridays at 2:30.
Permanent faculty and their research interests
- Jason Cantarella Professor. Geometric knot theory, particularly random knots.
- Joe Fu Professor. Integral geometry.
- David Gay Professor. Smooth and symplectic topology of 4-manifolds and associated 3-dimensional issues. Also interested in mathematical illustration and outreach, heavily motivated by low-dimensional geometry and topology.
- Saar Hersonsky Professor. Conformal geometry, geometric structures in low-dimensional topology, geometry of negatively curved spaces, image science.
- Gordana Matic Professor. 4- and 3-manifolds, contact topology, Heegaard Floer homology.
- Jennifer Royal Lecturer. Differential geometry.
- Michael Usher Professor. Symplectic and contact geometry and topology, Hamiltonian dynamics, Morse theory and persistence.
- Weiwei Wu Associate Professor. Topological rigidity of symplectic and Lagrangian submanifolds, symplectomorphism groups, Lagangian Floer theory, homological mirror symmetry.
- Eduardo Fernández Fuertes Limited Term Assistant Professor. Contact geometry and topology.
- Yuan Gao Limited Term Assistant Professor. Fukaya categories and Liouville manifolds.
Weekly Seminar Schedule